Welcome to Discover Crewkerne!
Crewkerne Town Council are proud to launch the towns two new websites, designed and developed to highlight the towns attributes, engage the community and ensure council information is easy to find. Discover Crewkerne has been launched in addition to the new Town Council website, to provide a single digital space for residents, businesses and visitors to find everything they need in one place.
Crewkerne also has a brand new logo, that was developed through a series of branding workshops lead by Cllr Roberts. The new logo is fresh and modern, and takes its inspiration from the landscape that surrounds the town. It’s clean and recognisable design allows for lots of creative flexibility, so keep an eye out for special logo editions during key calendar moments.
Accessing information and finding out what’s going on in Crewkerne has never been easier, with a user-friendly, easy to navigate design and lots of new features.
Some of the new features include:
- The launch of the Crewkerne Business Directory. This can be filtered to a specific type of service, shop or place to eat and drink. Each business page includes useful Information such as contact details, social media links and a brief overview of the business. If you would like to feature your business, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Events Calendar is where you can find community events, markets and classes taking place in Crewkerne. Everyone is invited and encouraged to submit their activities to the calendar
- New FAQ and Report pages will help to answer questions quickly, and direct people to the correct pages and forms. We will constantly be adding and updating these pages over the coming months
- Updated Councillor profiles and new photos taken by Cllr Roberts, so you can get to know a little more about who is representing Crewkerne
- Device responsive design, whether you’re viewing it on a smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Updated accessibility standards for people with visual, hearing or readability impairments
- Clear and transparent information regarding council facilities, services and responsibilities
- An improved site search facility
Cllr Roberts, who managed the project shared her thoughts on the launch of the website:
In todays digital world, it so important to have an online space that is modern, user-friendly and accessible to everyone, and I believe Discover Crewkerne is a website that the town can be proud of. A huge amount of work has gone into reviewing, streamlining, future-proofing and adding value to content as well as restructuring the site into clear and easy to navigate sections. I wanted the site to be community focused, with new and useful tools such as the Business Directory and the Events Calendar, which I look forward to seeing grow in the coming months.
A big thank you to Katharine and Laura, and Diane from the LIC for helping me throughout the development of the site. A special mention and thank you also goes to local photographer Jeff Hutson who has generously provided many of the photos, and to Crewkerne in Business for sharing their invaluable feedback and expertise to help shape the new logo.
I hope the community enjoys Discover Crewkerne, and all feedback is welcomed and appreciated as we grow the website overtime.
If you have any questions, feedback or would like to get involved in submitting articles, events or your business to the directory, then please contact the Crewkerne Information Centre email@example.com.